Friday, July 24, 2015
This is an incredibly quick, easy and flexible which allows you to make ahead, or serve right away. I often serve this with a nice piece of steak, and pour the sauce over it.
I've added some suggestions at the end of the recipe to hopefully inspire you to change it around (if you want to) and create a wonderful dish your family will enjoy.
This can be served as a starter, with some nice warm crusty bread to mop up the lovely sauce, or as a side dish, or as part of a dish, or as a brunch, served on a slice of toast. The choice is yours, so please enjoy!
Cook Time: 10 -
or 225 g whole white mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of Cream Cheese. (you can also use low fat variety)
1 teaspoon of fresh or dry herbs, such as tarragon, basil, parsley
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon of
4 cups rice, prepared (white or brown) refrigerated & day old is best
½ lb./500gm boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked or shrimp cooked
1 cup peas & carrots, frozen
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
3-4 scallions/spring onions, chopped
3-4 rashers of bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
1. Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 4 cups cooked rice.
2. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
3. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Stir fry until tender.
4. Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
5. Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan.
6. Stir in bean sprouts, bacon (if using) and soy sauce and remove from heat.
7. Spoon into bowl and sprinkle chopped scallions/spring onions over the top.
Serve and enjoy!
THE SERENITY PRAYER
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY
LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME;