Thursday, June 4, 2015
Just a tiny little baby and already homeless frown emoticon Please share far & wide so that this little baby boy can go home ASAP! Thank you.
This boy could SO do with going to a loving home frown emoticon SPIKE was donated to the SPCA, he is only 3 years old and although he is a BIG boy, he is really, really placid.... please share so that he can find his own loving home...
Kennel B7 – Meet "Tessa". This gorgeous girl is a spaniel x female. She is only about 4 months old. She has the sweetest little personality and the biggest, most soulful eyes imaginable. She would love to find a FURever home of her own. If you cannot adopt, please share. If you are interested in adopting, please contact Kevin on 072 559 0282 (office hours) or come and visit us at Schonland Avenue, Cape Road Industrial, Uitenhage, Eastern Cape. Doggie adoption/sterilization (welfare) rates: Female - Adoption Special - R 712,00, Male - Adoption Special - R 520,00, Female - Normal Fee - R 888,00 and Male - Normal Fee - R 570,00. Mon-Fri: 8:30am-4:00pm, Sat: 9:00am-12:00pm & Adoption Open Days on alternate Sundays: 10:00am-12:00pm — com Marion Diener.
WOW this great news I LOVE Cashew nuts and they are so beneficial to our health.- Cashew Nut – The Cholesterol and Fat Busting Super Nut.
Is it a Seed or a Fruit?
TOP 14 HEALTH SECRETS OF CASHEW NUTS:
- Keeps the Heart Happy: Rich in “heart-friendly” monounsaturated-fatty acids like oleic, and palmitoleic acids, which help lower harmful LDL-cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol. It prevents coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
- Aids Weight Loss: 75% of the fat, contained in cashew nuts are unsaturated fats or “good” fat. In addition, cashew nuts provide a high amount of fiber, energy, and trigger the body’s metabolism.
- Prevents Cancer: High copper content and proanthocyanidins, a class of flavonols, fight against tumor cells restricting cell division, especially in colon cancer. Cashew nuts help our body to utilize iron properly and eliminate free radicals.
- Great Magnesium Source: Protects against high blood pressure, muscle spasms, migraine headaches, tension, soreness and fatigue. Magnesium also works with calcium to support healthy muscles and bones in the human body.
- Nourishes the Hair and Skin: Helps the body utilize iron, eliminate free radicals, develop bone and connective tissue, and produce the critical skin and hair pigment, melanin.
- Strengthens Bones and Nerves: Magnesium, by balancing calcium, helps regulate nerve and muscle tone. Also serves as nature’s own calcium channel blocker, preventing calcium from rushing into the nerve cell and activating the nerve, keeping the nerves relaxed.
- Sharpens Brain: The brain relies on two types of fat, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated, for the production of brain cells. Cashews also speed up oxygen flow to the brain.
- Prevents Gallstones: Daily intake of cashew nut can reduce the risk of developing gallstones up to 25%.
- Anti-oxidant: Contains Copper, which is an essential component of the enzyme superoxide dismutase, vital in energy production and antioxidant defense, producing greater flexibility in blood vessels, bones and joints.
- Aids Digestion: Cashew nuts help in growth and development, nucleic acid synthesis and digestion.
- Rich Vitamins Source: Cashew nuts are rich in vitamins like pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), riboflavin(B2), thiamin (B1) and niacin(B3). These vitamins keep you safe from sideroblastic Anemia, Pellagra (Dermatitis), etc.
- Lowers Diabetes Risk: Monounsaturated fats, present in cashews, can reduce triglyceride levels (amount of fats carried in the bloodstream), lowering the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Fortifies Gums and Teeth: Magnesium gives healthy teeth as well as strong gums to hold them. Chemicals in cashew nuts kill gram positive bacteria, a pervasive mouth affliction that causes tooth decay, acne, tuberculosis and leprosy.
- Enhances Vision: Contains a small amount of zea-xanthin, an important pigment flavonoid antioxidant, which is selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea in the eyes. It provides antioxidant and protective UV ray filtering functions and helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (ARMD).
Side Effects and Precautions:
- High in Oxalates: Cashews are among a small number of foods that contain measurable amounts of oxalates, which may lower calcium absorption and not recommended for patients suffering from kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Allergic Reactions: Cashew nut allergy is a common hypersensitivity condition in some individuals, especially in children. The reaction symptoms may range from simple skin itching (hives) to severe form anaphylactic manifestations, including breathing difficulty, pain abdomen, vomiting, and diarrhea .http://www.curejoy.com/
A man from Norfolk , VA called a local radio station to share this on Sept 11th, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES OF 9/11/2001.
A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. On our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still missed her flight. Both very upset we drove home.
I received a call from my father who was retired NYFD. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight.
My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help. 'This is not something I can't just sit by for; I have to do something.'
I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off of the phone, he said, 'take good care of my grandchild.' Those were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort.
My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my father, and at myself. I had gone for nearly two years blaming God for taking my father away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.
Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone. I opened the door to a couple with a small child.
The man looked at me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.'
He explained to me that his wife had worked in the WorldTrade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, 'there is something else you need to know.'
His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ. I began sobbing at the news.
Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves ..
When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew, in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and baby could live.
Please take time to share this amazing story. You may never know the impact it may have on someone. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called
Bereiding: 30 minute
Verkoeltyd: 3 uur
45 ml (3 e) mielieblom
60 ml (¼ k) suiker
1 L (4 k) melk
1 blik (385 g) kondensmelk
2 pakkies (200 g elk) Tennisbeskuitjies
kaneel vir oorstrooi
Meng die vlapoeier, mielieblom, eier en suiker met ’n bietjie melk om ’n pasta te vorm.
Verhit die res van die melk en die kondensmelk in ’n kastrolletjie en voeg die vlamengsel by. Roer oor matige hitte tot die mengsel verdik het en kook.
Pak ’n laag Tennis-beskuitjies in ’n tertbak van 23 cm en bedek met ’n laag vla. Herhaal die lae tot die vla op is.
Eindig met ’n laag vla en strooi kaneel oor.
Plaas 3 uur in die yskas om te stol.
THE SERENITY PRAYER
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY
LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME;