As mentioned above, there are countless herbs and remedies in the realm of weight loss.
These that I share with you are simply the ones that I have found to be most beneficial and useful in my efforts! Herbs such as:
- Nettle Leaf – Highly nutritive, nettle leaf contains a great amount of chlorophyll, making this herb a significant source of antioxidant vitamins (such as C and A) and powerhouse minerals. Nettle leaf is also considered a blood purifier due to it’s ability to increase the proper function of the liver and the kidneys.
- Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng) Root — While it primarily works on the nervous system, in general eleuthero root is well known as a powerful adaptogen – that is an herb that helps the body properly respond to stress. Reducing anxiety and balancing the appetite.
- Senna leaf — Senna leaf is best known as a natural laxative.
- Dandelion leaf — Dandelion leaf neutralizes acid in the blood thereby making it one the best remedies for detoxification and blood purification available. And similar to Nettle leaf, it too contains high quantities of nourishing vitamins and minerals. I love dandelion leaf especially for it’s ability to cleanse the body and help with my skin’s complexion.
- Marshmallow root — Is one of the most mucilaginous herbs. Highly nutritive…it also works to soothe the entire digestive system by reducing inflammation. Likewise, marshmallow root is a wonderful diuretic.
- Slippery elm bark – Slippery elm bark contains many of the mucilaginous properties as marshmallow root — and it helps bring to balance to the body by absorbing toxins in the bowel.
- Sweet cinnamon bark — A well-known for centuries due to it’s anti-biotic and anti-fungal properties, cinnamon is a wonderful remedy that supplies excellent flavor. Moreover, cinnamon is excellent for our digestive systems and works to warm the body.
- Ginger root — Ginger root, a trusted cold/flu fighter, assists the body in the removal of excess toxins. It too, cleanses the digestive tract and the kidneys as well as increases circulation by warming the body.
- Fennel seeds — Aid in digestion and help to regulate the appetite. They also positively effect kidney function and work to cleanse the liver.
Benefits of Drinking a Slimming Herbal Tea
While drinking an herbal tea concocted using the above herbs…one can expect to experience the following benefits:
- Slimmer waistline
- Mood stabilization
- Better sleep
- Increased libido
- Regular bowel movements
- Decrease in water retention
- Clearer more balanced skin complexion
Slimming Herbal Tea
*Measurements in parts are by volume not weight.
- 2 parts Nettle leaf
- 2 parts Eleuthero root
- 1 part Senna leaf
- 1 part Dandelion leaf
- 1 part Marshmallow root
- 1 part Slippery elm bark
- ½ part Sweet Cinnamon Bark, chips
- ½ part Orange peel
- ½ part Ginger root
- ¼ part Fennel seeds
- Measure the parts of each of the herbs listed and mix in a large bowl until well combined.
- Grab your tea accessories, tea infusers, and/or tea pots…and brew a cup! (Note: I get all of my loose leaf tea-making supplies online from Mountain Rose Herbs.)
- This herbal tea blend will keep stored in a cool, dark place for approximately 6 months. (Note: I like to store all of my teas in glass jars with tight-fitting lids.)
- Everyday I brew approximately 16-20 fluid ounces of this tea and carry it with me, drinking it throughout the day. I find it mild enough for daily use and I couldn’t be happier with the results I’m seeing!