Thursday, April 30, 2015
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. raw chicken breast tenders
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp. mustard seed
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground cumin, divided use
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. chili powder
1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
1 (14.5-oz.) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
1 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Set aside.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ½ tsp. cumin, and mustard seed; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion begins to soften.
4. Add turmeric, remaining ½ tsp. cumin, coriander, chili powder, chickpeas, tomatoes, chicken broth, and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl, combine the honey, olive oil, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
Dump potatoes onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- It aids with weight loss
- It aids with digestion
- it is anti-aging, you can put it on your face and leave it on for 30minutes then rinse.
- Clears skin
- Conditions leather
- It is a chewing gum remover from your hair, or your clothes without additional damage, just be careful to not spread too much of it on the clothes.
- Earache remedy
- Earwax removal
- Furniture polish
- Face moisturizer
- It fights Diabetes, you can use olive oil in everything you cook and every salad.
- Frees stuck zippers
- Hair growth
- Helps with diaper rash
- Helps with eczema
- Improves psoriasis
- Improves snoring
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- It is a Make up remover, use cotton balls with olive oil to remove make up and clear your skin.
- Moisturizes hands
- Natural lubricant
- Oil pulling -you can do the oil pulling method by keeping olive oil in your mouth for about 2-3 minutes while moving your tongue around, then spill it out. Careful not to swallow it. Wash your mouth well to remove any left bacteria.
- Prevents cat hairballs
- Prevents breast cancer
- Salad dressing
- Shaving cream
- Sunburn relief
- Stainless steel polish
- Sticker remover
- Treats lice
Monday, April 20, 2015
Buy a can of full fat coconut milk.
Place it in the fridge overnight.
Open the can without shaking it or turning upside down.
Carefully spoon out the top layer of opaque white stuff that has gathered at the top of the can. Spoon into a mixing bowl. You will be left with about 1/2 cup of white syrup-y looking translucent liquid. Leave this in the can. Note: I use this leftover liquid in numerous coconut-y recipes. Plus, it makes a great coconut syrup - almost like a hydrated extract of coconut flavor.
Add 2-3 Tbsp of powdered confectioners sugar to the white stuff.
Grab a hand beater (simple mixers work just as well as expensive ones)
Whip the coconut milk froth until creamy. Start on low and move to a higher speed, move the beater in an up and down motion to infuse the mixture with as much air as possible.
Serve! You can spoon on top of ice cream, for cream pies, into coffee latte mugs, or eat with a spoon - I guarantee you'll be licking those beaters. And the bowl.
The cake can be made with or without yeast and filled with pastry cream or whipped cream or a combination of the two as it is here. What is common among the varieties is the honey-butter-almond topping, which creates a crispy, crackly top. If you like honey, this is the cake for you -- it's in the batter, the topping and filling.
Bee Sting Cake
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 3/4 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, slightly softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large beaten egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
For the Topping: In a medium saucepan, melt butter and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Add vanilla and almonds, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
For the Cake: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut a parchment circle to fit the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Coat pan bottom and sides with cooking spray. Place parchment circle in bottom of pan.
Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream 4 ounces butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in 5 tablespoons sugar, about 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup honey and beat 1 more minute.
Blend in eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add vanilla and half the flour mixture, and mix briefly. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add milk, then remaining flour, beating briefly after each addition.
Scrape into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, then pat top of cake smooth with your hand. Pour topping over batter, gently spreading evenly. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Do not overbake. Cool cake in pan completely on a wire rack.
For the Filling: In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, combine cornstarch, milk and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir constantly until thickened, at least 3 minutes. Add in 1 beaten egg and keep stirring constantly for about 2 minutes until very thick. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract, if using.
Chill in an ice-water bath, stirring occasionally. Place plastic wrap in direct contact with surface of pastry cream and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
Whip the cream with the cream of tartar and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Add a dollop of cream to the pastry cream and stir to lighten the cream. Then fold in remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate while you prepare to assemble the cake.
Run a knife around the edges of the cooled cake and remove the springform ring. Invert cake onto a plate. Peel off the parchment paper and invert again on a serving platter, so the almond side is showing. Cut cake in half horizontally and fill with pastry cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Friday, April 17, 2015
THE SERENITY PRAYER
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY
LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME;