Friday, June 25, 2010
"Keep that which is good and decent in your life. Let go the rest." - Author unknown -
"You can accomplish anything in life, provided that you do not mind who gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman
"I you love what you do, you will never work another day in your life." - Confucius
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments." - Jim Rohn
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Steve Jobs
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou -
"Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none." - Benjamin Franklin
"Traditional education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune." - Jim Rohn
Dalai Lama's 19 instructions for life
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: respect for self, respect for others and responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
- Dalai Lama -
THE SERENITY PRAYER
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY
LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME;