Beauty Tips from Grand momsWe can refer to them as Granny’s tips. Generation after generation people have followed these beauty tips. These tips have passed the test of time. They are the secret to healthy hair and glowing skin.
- Homemade exfoliation: Take ground apricots and fresh cream. Make a paste out of it. Use it two times a week.
- Pimples and blackheads: Use glycerin, lime juice and rose water. Apply the paste at night. This will help you to get rid of pimples and blackheads.
- Lip pigmentation: Use a paste made of almonds and castor oil. Apply it on your lips before you go to bed. This will soften your lips and remove pigmentation.
- Dark Circles: To remove dark circles, make a paste with coconut oil and castor oil. Rub this with your finger till the oil is absorbed.
- Natural Conditioning: Mix honey and cream. Apply this to the hair ends to get a smooth feeling. Make sure that you don’t apply this to the hair roots.
- Natural Scrub: Make a natural scrub to soften your hands and legs. Take coarse sea salt, almond oil, lavender essential oil and water. Make a paste out of it. Apply the paste on your hands and legs for 15-20 minutes. You will get a fresh feeling once you wash off the paste.
- Hair Glow: You would surely like to add an extra glow to your hair. After to use shampoo and conditioner add few drops of vinegar in water and wash your hair. Absorb the water in a towel.
- Exercise: You must exercise for at least 30 minutes two times a week.
- Water: Drink at least 8-9 glasses of water everyday to have healthy hair and skin.
- Tips for eyes: You can reduce the puffiness in your eyes by using castor oil. You will get a fresh feeling in your eyes with castor oil.
- Cucumbers for eyes: You can cut cucumber slices and keep it on your eye lids. This will give you an everlasting feeling of freshness. On the other hand, cotton absorbed in cold milk can also be used on the eye lids to get a fresh feeling.
- Rose Water for eyes: Rose water is very refreshing for the eyes. Apply few drops of rose water in your eyes before you go to sleep everyday. This will give a refreshing feeling in your eyes.
- Chapping Lips: To avoid chapping lips, use hot water fermentation. Then apply Vaseline with honey. You may apply this three times a week.
- Soft Lips: To keep your lips soft make a mixture of rose petals and milk butter.
- Lemon on hands: With age you might get marks on your hand. To avoid this you can rub a piece of lemon on your hands.
- Powder in hair: At times you might find it difficult to shampoo your hair before you are going outdoors. In such a scenario you can use a tablespoon of talcum powder or corn flour in your hair. Brush the powder in your hair.
- Hair fall: To prevent hair fall you may drink biotin rich drink. This drink will include banana, honey, yogurt and low fat milk. Try and drink this mix often.
- Set hair: To set your hair you may use a dry blower. This will help you to set your hair inward or outward. It should not look uneven.
- Oatmeal, honey and yogurt treatment : At your own home you can make a fantastic face mask. You just have to take some drops of honey, 1 tablespoon ground oatmeal, 1 tablespoon organic yogurt. Blend oatmeal and yogurt together well. Take some honey and warm it in a spoon. Now add honey to the mixture and prepare a fantastic face mask. Apply this on the face and wait for 10 to 15 minutes. After washing the face, you will get the wonderful glowing skin. For any skin type woman, this therapy is best.
- Scrub using ginger and cinnamon :Take ½ tablespoon of ground ginger, ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Mix these with 1 cup sea salt and 1 cup almond oil or olive oil. This homemade natural mixture would word as a good exfoliator for the skin. Using this product, you can remove dead skin cells and dirts from the skin.
- Rose water and dark circle : With the help of a cotton ball and rose water, you can treat under eye dark circle. You have to soak the cotton ball in the rose water. Now apply it on the dark circles. Wait for at least 5 to 10 minutes and wash your face. Applying this daily on the affected area, you can cure dark circle naturally.
- Avocado Hair Conditioner : Hair conditioner helps to nourish the hair. To give the hair wonderful treatment, you have to mash an avocado. Mix aloe vera, lemon juice, sea salt in it. Using this paste on the hair, you can naturally bring shine and glow. It makes the hair smooth. Try this homemade easy process and enhance your hair texture.
- Henna Hair Therapy : At home, use a simple hair care treatments. Take some water and boil tea leaves in it. When it becomes warm, add lemon juice, curd, an egg, henna powder. Blend all of them properly and make a paste. Apply it on the hair. It will offer great beauty care treatment on your hair. You can get rid of dandruff, hair fall, hair loss problem. A smooth effect will add on your hair. It will be looked shiny and glowing.
Homemade Beauty Treatments
- Treatment for acne: There are people you are facing acne problem. You can resolve the problem by using apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. First wash your face. Then absorb apple cider vinegar or lemon juice in cotton. Apply the mix on your face. Repeat this process quiet often. This will help you to remove acne.
- Homemade face mask: If you can make face packs which are made from natural ingredients. The homemade packs are best for your skin. Take cucumber juice. Mix fresh curd in it. Apply the curd on your face. This will make the skin glow and you will have a bright and fresh feeling.
- The magic of turmeric: Turmeric has been used by women from prehistoric time. Mix orange juice and turmeric. Apply it on your face. This will help as a natural scrub and enhance your skin complexion too.
Homemade Hair Care Remedies
- 1.Gram flour, coconut milk: Dry hair and dandruff problems can be cured with gram flour and coconut milk. Make a paste with the two ingredients. Apply the paste on your scalp. Repeat the process once in a week. This will nourish the hair and kill dandruff.
- Lemon juice for hair: Lemon juice and banyan tree root will help in reducing hair fall. Mix banyan tree root and lemon juice. Apply the mix in your hair. This will reduce hair fall and your hair will also grow fast. You must repeat the process often in a month.
Manicure and Pedicure
- Lemon juice will help in manicure and pedicure. Add few drops of lemon juice in hot water. Dip your feet and fingers in them for 15-20 minutes. It will give you a fresh feeling and your hand and your feet will also get cleansed.
Numerous Natural Beauty Recipes
Face mask with cucumber and curd
Face mask offers a fabulous treatment to the skin. You can improve your skin texture with the help of natural face mask. Take cucumber and some curd. Extract the juice from cucumber. Mix the two substances well. Now use on the face. It will create fantastic glow to the skin. Try the method for at least once in a week, you will greatly enhance your skin. For brighter complexion, include this recipe in your beauty care regime.
Body Scrub using Ginger and Cinnamon
Take ½ tablespoon of ground ginger, 1 cup sea salt, 1 cup almond oil or olive oil, ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon. Mix all these natural ingredients and blend them properly. Now apply on the body. With light massage you can remove the dead skin cells from the body. After washing the skin with normal water, you will enjoy the fresh and nourished effect.
Banana Skin Care Therapy
Take a banana and mash it well. It should be a ripe banana. Pour honey in it. Use this paste on the skin. You can also dab it on the body skin. When it becomes dry, wash it with cold water. For getting a fresh glow, this recipe is best.
Natural Hair Conditioner
For making a natural hair conditioner, collect 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon aloe vera. First mash the avocado properly. Include lemon juice, sea salt, aloe vera in it. Use this paste on the hair. Now wrap the head with plastic shower cap. After half an hour, wash off the hair. The hair will come up with soft and smooth texture.
Pure Lip Balm
You can make a flavoured lip balm. It will protect the lip from the sun rays. Also the lip balm offers moisturizing effect. First, take sweet almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax and kokum butter together. Apply low heat and allow them to melt. After a few hours, preserve this lip balm in a tube or in your favourite container. Apply this, your lip will glow naturally.
Natural Lip Colour
For offering lip a fresh pink colour, you may take beetroot. Extract the juice from the vegetable. Now use this juice on the lips. Regular application will promote you a pink and natural lip color. Your beauty will be improved through this process.
Enjoy the Honey Wash
Home made body care products are fantastic for the skin. You can nourish your body with natural honey treatment. You just have to take 1 tablespoon of oat or rice bran, ½ tablespoon of natural honey, 2/3 to 1 tablespoon of warm water. Take all of them together in the palm of your hand. In circular motion, massage the body skin well. Rinse it properly and enjoy the pleasure. For all skin type, this natural body therapy is perfect.
Natural Body Toner
This wonderful body toner is applicable mainly on aging skin. All skin type women can use this. Choose 1 tablespoon of powdered green tea. Mix it with ½ cup of hot water. When it becomes warmer, pamper the skin with a cotton pad. Avoid rinsing. Store the extra toner in a refrigerator for further use.
Natural Body Wash
Take 2 cup bean powder or rice bran. Mix it with ½ cup natural honey and 2/3 cup warm water. Shake the mixture well in a bottle and blend it in the water of your bath tub. The product will offer a wonderful freshness on your body.
Relaxing Tea Bath
Take ½ cup oats, ½ cup basmati or brown rice, ½ cup powdered buttermilk or milk, 3 or 1 tablespoon loose green tea, ½ tablespoon coconut or vanilla extract. Mix all these ingredients in a bowl. Take them in cheesecloth and then with the help of a string tie them into a pouch. While taking bath in your bath tub, squeeze the pouch in regular intervals. You have to add your tea bath pouch when the water is cool. For 15 to 20 minutes, enjoy the fabulous bath. It will immensely offer comfort in your mind.
Feel a soothing effect on your body, choosing a piece of tomato or orange. Mix it with two tablespoon of curd. Offer a regular massage on the entire body with this mixture. Your body will glow with perfect complexion. After washing the skin, you can enjoy the freshness wonderfully.
Select some ripe banana. Mash them properly and mix with three to four tablespoon of honey. Dab the paste on the skin and gently massage your body. Gradually, your body will reflect the brightness which is very much praiseworthy.
Home made beauty recipes for face
- Cold water is a great rejuvenator. Wash your face with chilled water after a long day for an invigorating look before you put on make up for a party. Cold water helps in reducing the size of pores and therefore limits oil secretion as well.
- Carrot can be used to invigorate your skin. Cook some carrots and mash them into a paste. Then add some drops of honey to it and apply it on your face. Leave the mask for 15 mins to 20 mins and then wash off with cold water to get a refreshing skin.
- Apple face mask can be used to curb the problem of excess oil and acne. Grate one apple and add few drops of honey to it. Apply it on the affected areas and wash off after 10 mins.
- Potato juice can be used effectively to cure under eye dark circles. Grate a potato on cheesecloth and squeeze the juice. Soak cotton pads on the juice and cover your eyes with it.
- You can use a face mask of ripe banana, organic chocolate and honey to prevent signs of ages and wrinkles.
- For a beautiful pout mix some honey and drops of jojoba oil with glycerin and use the mix on your lips.
The homemade beauty recipes aren’t limited only to skin care. There are many miraculous hair care remedies too available in the market.
- Beat two to three eggs together and add milk to it. Apply the mixture on your hair and leave it for 10 mins before washing off.
- Retha can be used as natural shampoo. It doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals but will leave your hair smooth and soft.
- Curd can be used in adding shine to your hair. Massage your hair with some curd and let it set for 10 mins before washing off.
- Add some vodka in water and wash off your hair with it after shampooing for bounce and shine.
- Use lemon juice on your scalp to drive off dandruff.
- Avoid ammonia based hair color; rather, use henna to color graying hair naturally. You can further add coffee powder to the mix for better color.
- Add some bathing salt to water and wash your body with it. It will prevent body odor and leave you with a fresh feeling.
- Always bathe with lukewarm water. It is relaxing and relieves you of tension.
- Use gram flour as natural exfoliator. Sugar can also be used as exfoliator.
- For soft and smooth hands- mix some sugar with cream and honey and massage hands with the mix till the sugar granules dissolves. Wash off with cold water.
- Use pumice stone for smooth and soft heels. You can use a homemade foot soak by adding honey, milk, cinnamon oil in lukewarm water. You can also use lemon rind and rose petals for freshness and fragrance.