When we’re stressed-out and exhausted, sex is often the last thing on our minds. But mark my advice, grab your guy or girl and get going! Here’s why…
Studies show that sex improves mood, lowers blood pressure and levels of the stress hormone cortisol it also releases endorphins so that the next day we are happier and much more productive. All I heard is that sex is the answer to happiness, longevity and a healthy body!! Great if you have a partner, although don’t panic just yet, if finding a partner only adds to your stress, then you can go at it alone! Getting to orgasm solo still has some of the mental and physical health benefits of regular intercourse (just not all).
1. De-stress Sex helps to reduce stress. During sex your body produces dopamine, a substance that fights stress hormones, endorphins, that’s our “happiness hormones” and oxytocin, a desire-enhancing hormone secreted by the pituitary gland. In a study, published in the Public Library of Science journal, three neuroscience researchers conducted a test on male rats and found that the sexually active rats were less anxious than rats with no sexual activity.
2. Great Form of Exercise- Making love is a great form of physical activity, the physiological changes in your body are similar to a workout. If you have sex three times a week for 15 minutes (and we know you can do better than that) you will burn about 7.500 calories in a year. This is due to your heart rate rising and you will find breathing becomes heavy and faster which raises the oxygen in your cells, you sweat and feel tired afterwards!!
3. Lowers high blood pressure- It’s not just sex that can improve your blood pressure, a good hug can also help keep it normal. There have been other studies showing that sex lowers blood pressure and it could even protect against strokes because of its stress-relieving qualities.
4. Builds your immunity – Want to banish the common cold?? Then we recommend sex!! It is great for boosting your immunity and fighting colds and other health problems. This comes from Immunoglobulin A, an antigen that fights the flu and its production increases the more often you have sex.
5. Makes You Look Younger – A Scottish researcher claims that by making love three times a week it can make you look 10 years younger! “It’s good for you to have good sex,” says David Weeks, a clinical neuropsychologist at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital, whose studies the effects of sex on aging. Maybe it’s the rejuvenation, maybe the happiness, maybe all of the above. Weeks concluded that lovemaking releases the human growth hormone, this helps keep the skin elastic and in turn less likely to wrinkle. He said that sex also released endorphins, which are the body’s feel-good chemicals and natural painkillers that ease anxiety and make it easier to sleep. Weeks also said that a good session will boost circulation, which is good for that heart and gives skin that healthy glow. Finally, sex burns fat and releases other chemicals that bolster the immune system. If that doesn’t convince you…
6. Healthy heart – Sex helps you burn calories and it can also improve your heart, it will take care of stroke and heart attacks. Scientists with New England Research Institute examined the effect of sex on the heart. The study concluded that men are 45% less likely to experience cardiovascular diseases. The study did not give details on the effect of sex on a woman’s heart.
7. Pain relief – It is a great way of reliving pain. If you are suffering from a migraine or body pain then all you need to do is reach for your partner. An orgasm is a reliable way of getting rid of a headache, the level of the hormone oxytocin increases by five times and this endorphin actually reduces aches and pains!! Dr. George E. Erlich, an arthritis specialist from Philadelphia conducted a study on the link between arthritis and sex. He found that patients who engaged in sex experienced less pain. Please note that if you are experiencing back pain, it is best to consult a doctor.
8. Builds trust and intimacy – Love making increases the hormone oxytocin, this hormone is responsible for your happiness and love. By having sex with your partner it removes any doubts or distrust you may have, this is because the hormone oxytocin builds trust, brings couples closer together with the bond of intimacy.
9. Less chances of cancer – Over the past few years, several journals have published studies showing that the more ejaculations the better!! In an Australian study men who ejaculated 21 times a month are less likely to develop cancer. It doesn’t matter how a man climaxes, it can be either intercourse or masturbation the outcome is the same, possible decreased risk of total prostate cancer.
10. Stronger pelvic muscles – Sex really is an all over workout. It uses several muscles and by making love regularly it can help you develop stronger pelvic muscles. It doesn’t stop there, it can also help strengthen quads, your core, and the upper back. And if you are having sex regularly it will help maintain a strong bladder and bowel function.
11. Prostate Protection – You really want to keep up ejaculating – if you were to stop ejaculating, the fluid would stay in the gland and could cause swelling which in turn can cause lots of problems. By ejaculating regularly it flushes those fluids out and ensures the well being of your prostate until old age. Remember that problems could also arise if you suddenly change the frequency of ejaculations.
12. Induces sleep – After a great workout and the release of the “happy hormones” you are ready for a good sleep. Sex works the same way as exercise. The increased heart rate leads to increased post-coital relaxation. Sex can relax you and if you are already tired, the act of sex will bring on a deep sleep. We all know that after a man has ejaculated they become lethargic and sleepy.
13. Regular periods – Apparently sex can improve your menstrual cycle. Sex regulates hormones and this can help regulate the menstrual cycle. One of the reasons women miss their periods is because of stress, sex is a great stress relief.
14. Prevents Erectile Dysfunctions – Good news guys… to keep it up you need to give it lots and lots of exercise!! Doctors compare an erection to an athletic reflex: the more you train the more capable you are to perform. The best prevention technique against impotence is sex. An erection keeps the blood flowing through your penile arteries, so the tissue stays healthy.
15. Live longer – A healthy heart, stronger muscles, increased circulation of oxygen and happiness are all contributing factors that add years to your life. When you have an orgasm, a hormone called dehydroepiandrosterone is released. This hormone can increase immunity and also repairs tissue and keeps the skin healthy. A recent study illustrated that men who have at least two orgasms a week live longer than men who have sex just once every few weeks.
16. Healthier semen – Something to consider if you are trying to conceive, is that by having sex regularly you increase the volume of semen. Regular sex will also replace old sperms from the testicles. Also, if you leave the little fellas in there, it can lead to DNA damage.
If you have found this article useful, please share with friends and family by clicking on the links below.
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE; COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN; AND WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME; ENJOYING ONE MOMENT AT A TIME; ACCEPTING HARDSHIPS AS THE PATHWAY TO PEACE; TAKING, AS HE DID, THIS SINFUL WORLD AS IT IS, NOT AS I WOULD HAVE IT; TRUSTING THAT HE WILL MAKE ALL THINGS RIGHT IF I SURRENDER TO HIS WILL; THAT I MAY BE REASONABLY HAPPY IN THIS LIFE AND SUPREMELY HAPPY WITH HIM FOREVER IN THE NEXT. AMEN.